Do you suffer with diarrhea & pain? Have you been diagnosed with colitis or IBD?
In this FREE, four-day, video based training you will learn how to heave healthier digestion and less pain whether you take medication or not.
Grab your spot! Colitis Academy starts immediately upon signing up…
Guts on Fire
The exact cause of IBD has not been precisely pinned down yet, but we know that there are genetic and environmental factors both, including exposure to toxicants, the landscape of your microbiome, the food you eat, your smoking and drinking status, your levels of antioxidants and vitamin D, and more.
Conventional treatment of IBD utilizes anti-inflammatory medications like steroids and aminosalicylates, immune system suppressors, TNF-alpha inhibitors (biologics), antibiotics and antidiarrheals. An integrative approach includes dietary, supplemental, lifestyle and exercise approaches, as well as an evaluation of the microbiome and attention to the intestinal lining.
The Eye of the Storm: your intestinal lining
IBD manifests as injury and inflammation to the intestinal lining that can extend up and down the small and large intestines both. This injury is the cornerstone of dysfunction of IBD. It leads to perpetual inflammation of the intestine, which over time leads to malabsorption and a host of other changes in the digestive tract and body at large:
Chronic diarrhea from increased water in the intestine, secondary to inflammation, bacterial byproducts, and small, fermentable carbohydrates.
Dysbiosis of the microbiome and increased harmful metabolic byproducts, leading to inflammation and immune activation – not to mention muscle and joint stiffness, foul gas, and brain fog.
Carbohydrate malabsorption leading to more gas, belching and bloating, increased fermentation by the microbiome, dysbiosis and diarrhea.
Decreased output of pancreatic enzymes leading to maldigestion – undigested proteins, fats and starches are more provocative to the immune system, fermentable to the microbiome, injurious to the lining of the intestines, and are not absorbed.
Imbalances of the second brain from chronic diarrhea can feed back to the central nervous system, increasing risk for anxiety, depression and behavioral changes.
What is Colitis Academy?
Colitis Academy is a free, four-day, video based training that you watch from the comfort of your own home. Colitis Academy starts Sunday, September 9th. You watch the videos and do your lessons at your own pace, and all of the videos and downloadable resources are yours forever.
Who is Colitis Academy for?
If you have…
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Celiac disease
- Collagenous colitis
- Lymphocytic colitis
- Unspecified colitis
- Chronic diarrhea
- Inflammation in your gut
…Colitis Academy is for you.
Curriculum of Colitis Academy
Day One: Welcome & Blueprint of Inflammatory Bowel Disease & Colitis
- What IS colitis?
- The different types of IBD/colitis, including Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s disease, lymphocytic colitis, microscopic colitis, non-specific colitis
- Symptoms, diagnosis & conventional treatment of IBD/colitis
- Prevalence, risk factors and complications of IBD/colitis
- Laying out the colitis web: the lining of the intestine is irritated and injured by the immune system, bacterial overgrowth & inappropriate foods, furthering dysbiosis & irritation. The repercussions of that are the daily experience of those with colitis.
Day Two: Focus on Intestinal Lining
- The structure & function of the small intestine
- The structure & function of the large intestine
- Immune interactions at the lining
- Intestinal permeability as a gateway to inflammation
- Foods that support intestinal lining health and decrease inflammation
- Foods to avoid to promote intestinal lining health
- Reducing diarrhea with food
Day Three: Focus on Microbiome
- The microbiome-IBD connection: what’s there, what’s not
- Microbiome basics – intro to your microbiome
- Endotoxemia, autointoxication & the role of inflammation, pain & metabolic disease
- Dysbiosis & the search for bad bugs
- Dysbiosis & the call to build a better microbiome
- Microbiome testing options
- SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) testing options
- How to eat to support microbiome health
- Reducing fermentable carbohydrates to help IBD/colitis
Day Four: Focus on Environment & Pull it All Together
- Cleaning house, today: removing known triggers from your laundry room, shower & makeup bag
- How environmental toxicants worsen IBD/colitis
- The top 6 environmental pollutants to avoid if you have IBD/colitis
- Cleaning the air & water in your home
- How to take fiber products (seriously) & the best one for you
- My top three nutrients for managing diarrhea
Each day, lessons are delivered in videos. The videos are 15 minutes or under, and come with notes. Any links or downloadable resources are provided in the notes section. This is my most popular format for educational training, and I am excited to be able to offer you Colitis Academy in this way.
You will receive an email from me with a link asking you to confirm enrollment. This extra step is necessary in today’s age of SPAMbots and hackers. Once you confirm, you will get another email from me letting you know that you are enrolled in Colitis Academy!
Colitis Academy starts Sunday, September 9th. A day or so before we begin, you will receive your invitation to the online classroom via email.
Participants in Colitis Academy ALSO will receive early access and an exclusive discount to my upcoming Colitis Program.
I can’t wait to see you there and share all of the great stuff I have been pulling together and researching!